Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hands Free Mama



I've been working on reading Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters for awhile now. It's taken me a long time to get through it.

I first stumbled across the Hands Free movement on Facebook. I think I saw some sort of post about it. The post directed me to the author's blog Hands Free Mama and I was immediately hooked! I liked the page on Facebook and signed up to receive new posts via email. I enjoyed the regular blog posts so much that I wrote down the book release date in my agenda book and ordered it the day it first came out! I was, however, mildly disappointed that the book wasn't as much as an attention-grabber as I'd hoped for.



Don't get me wrong, the message is VERY important and the book is a great reminder about what is and isn't important in life. The author encourages parents to let go of the distractions, expectations and clutter in their lives (cell phones, laptops, email, over-scheduling, multitasking, etc.) so they can embrace what really matters.


The personal stories add a nice element to the overall read. For some reason though, I just wasn't able to get into it like I expected. A lot of the chapters are repetitive, emphasizing the same information over and over and over again... You get my point :) I'm still enjoying the blog posts immensely though!

Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment